Nadezhda Yermakova appointed as major banker
The further co-ordination of her appointment is being made with the National Assembly’s Council of the Republic.
Nadezhda Yermakova was born in 1953, in the village of Rozalmov (Mogilev Region’s Khotimsk District). In 1978, she graduated from the V. Kuibyshev Belarusian State Institute of National Economy (now known as the Belarusian State Economic University). After graduating from the Pinsk College of Accounting in 1971, Ms. Yermakova worked as a loan officer, a senior loan officer, deputy head of the Khotimsk branch of the State Bank, deputy head of the Kirovsk branch of the State Bank, head of the Shklov department of the State Bank, deputy chairperson of the district executive committee, chairperson of the planning commission at the Shklov District Executive Committee, head of the finance department at the Shklov District Executive Committee, head of the Severo-Zapad commercial bank’s branch in Shklov, and head of Belagroprombank’s department in Shklov.
From 1996, she was Deputy Chair of the Board of Belarusbank and Chair of the Board of Belarusbank. Ms. Yermakova was elected a member of the National Assembly’s Council of the Republic — of the first, second, third and fourth convocations. She was also a member of the Board of the National Bank of Belarus. Ms. Yermakova is a Distinguished Economist of the Republic of Belarus, awarded with the Medal of Honour. Since 1999, she has headed the Belarusian Union of Women Public Association.