Sessions of the National Assembly’s both houses are over, with special attention paid to the House of Representatives’ work. Following the Central Election Commission’s proposal, Presidential elections are to take place on October 11th.
Actually, the major election campaign of 2015 has been announced. Documents to register candidates should be applied to the Central Election Commission from August 22nd to September 5th, with the registration closing no later than September 15th. Afterwards, the period of pre-election canvassing will start. Pre-scheduled voting is scheduled on October 6th-10th.
Resolution of the National Assembly’s House of Representatives #603–П5/VII
‘On Appointing Elections of the President of Belarus’
In line with Part 3 of Article 81 and Clause 3 of Part 1 of Article 97 of the Belarusian Constitution, as well as Clause 1 of Article 23 and Part 1 of Article 56 of the Belarusian Electoral Code, the National Assembly’s House of Representatives decrees:
1. To appoint elections of the President of Belarus on October 11th, 2015.
2. The Central Commission of the Republic of Belarus on Elections and Holding Republican Referenda is to organise elections of the President of Belarus (in line with its powers) and to ensure control over the fulfilment of electoral legislation.
3. State bodies and other organisations are to ensure fulfilment of actions under their responsibility — dealing with preparation and holding of Presidential elections in time set by the Belarusian Electoral Code.
4. Belarus’ Council of Ministers is to ensure financing expenses on preparation and holding of Presidential elections — meeting the funds envisaged by the Republican budget (for these purposes).
5. The present Decree comes into force on day of its official publishing.
Chairman of the Belarusian National Assembly’s House of Representatives, V. Andreichenko
June 30th, 2015, Minsk